What is Lasik and why?
LASIK simply used for correcting near and far-sightedness in vision. It is also referred as laser eye surgery or laser eye correction. The LASIK surgery is done by a surgeon who uses a laser for reshaping the eye’s cornea in order to improving vision. For most patients, LASIK provides a permanent alternative to removal of eyeglasses and contact lenses too. Lasik Laser Surgery used for correction of myopia (short-sightedness), hypermetropia (long-sightedness) and astigmatism (uneven curvature of the eye’s surface).
During the Lasik Laser Surgery following steps are taken as:
- First Lasik Laser surgeon tests your eyes and take steps according to your test report.
- Surgeon will place anesthetic drops in your eyes
- A soft corneal suction ring is applied to the eye, holding the eye in place.
- Lasik Surgeon will use a highly precise computer controlled mechinical blade or a laser blade life a very thin flap from your cornea which is placed back to its place after number correction is done.
- The surgeon will open the flap of eye (like the cover of a book) and use the computer-controlled laser to shape the cornea.
- It will take about 25 to 40 seconds to remove the required amount of your cornea.
- The Surgeon will then reposition the flap so that it can bond to the rest of your cornea. The best part is no need of any kind of stitches. Lasik Surgeon will prescribe antibiotic eye drops to put in your eye to help prevent you getting an infection.
“Lasik Laser Surgery is safest, reliable & a perfect solution to permanent removal of Glasses and contact lenses up to technology available for almost three to four decades.”
Most common queries done by a Lasik Patient before undergoing Lasik Surgery are:
- Do I need to go of removal of Glasses with Lasik Laser Surgery?
- Whether I am fit for Lasik Laser Surgery?
- Is it reality about the permanent removing of glasses after this kind of surgery?
- Tired of glasses or contact lenses? Looking for a long term solution?
- Where to consult for Lasik Laser Surgery in Pune?
- What the type of Lasik Laser Surgeries available in Pune & which Lasik Surgery suits me?
- What is the cost involve in Lasik Laser Surgery?
- What precaution I need to take after Lasik Laser Surgery?
- Any kind of pain during the surgery?
- Any kind of side-effect involves after Lasik Surgery?