International Guideline for Lasik Surgery
Today when you hear the term Lasik it is not something that is very new to you. It is used and carried all over the world today. LASIK is basically the short form of Laser which is generally a Laser Eye Surgery. It is one of the most common and widely used eye surgery that is done with the help of Lasers. Ophthalmologist is generally the eye doctors who conduct the surgery of Lasik using various Laser techniques. The Surgery or the laser process helps you to reshape your cornea and giving you a clearer vision. There is a certain set of rules and guidelines that one needs to follow known as an International guideline for LASIK Surgery. This set of rules is followed worldwide by all the Lasik Patients.
The Guidelines of the Lasik Surgery for the patients of Pune:
- The age of the candidate should not be less than eighteen
- The patient should be using a glass or a contact lens at least for one year
- Your vision should be stable for at least one year in order to perform the LASIK surgery
- If the number of your eyeglass keeps changing on short periods than Lasik surgery cannot be carried out
- Pregnant woman and the nursing mother are also not allowed for the LASIK process or the surgery
- In case your profession is that of a wrestler, martial arts, boxing, etc, in which the hit is one the face and the eyes then the LASIK surgery is not allowed
- There are some common diseases that a patient should not be suffering in order to go for the LASIK surgery, they are, Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Cataract, Rheumatologic condition glaucoma, Keratoconus or any other eye disease. Should have healthy retina, the eye pressure and the thickness should be sufficient. 250 RSB is also accepted at some places but generally 300 is the standard tissue that is required and demanded for the surgery
- Dry eye is one common problem that arises after the LASIK surgery so one needs to be the refrain of the surgery and also careful
- If you have already gone through any previous refractive surgery than your next surgery can only take place with the proper consult with your doctor as in some case it is not allowed for the additional LASIK surgery
- The patient should not have any eye problems such as collagen vascular, ocular herpes, severe dry eyes, excessive corneal problem, eye infection, inflammation, autoimmune diseases or any other eye disorder.
- One should expect realistic visual outcome, only go for the surgery if you are ready to accept the complications and the visual side effects of this LASIK surgery.